Depending on the installation method and your GitLab version, there are multiple update guides. Choose one that fits your needs.
Installation from source
- The individual upgrade guides are for those who have installed GitLab from source.
- The CE to EE update guides are for subscribers of the Enterprise Edition only. The steps are very similar to a version upgrade: stop the server, get the code, update config files for the new functionality, install libs and do migrations, update the init script, start the application and check the application status.
- Upgrader is an automatic ruby script that performs the update for installations from source.
- Patch versions guide includes the steps needed for a patch version, eg. 6.2.0 to 6.2.1.
- MySQL to PostgreSQL guides you through migrating your database from MySQL to PostgreSQL.